Saturday, March 10, 2007

A Tibetan Journey

in a few hours, i will be embarking on my journey to the highest points of the globe. pushing the limits of my lungs, i will challenge altitude to a battle...pushing the limits of my culture, i will challenge my mind to open.

soon i will be surrounded by monks and llamas; eating...whatever Tibetans eat; smelling the stench of burning yak fat; and overall enjoying the adventure.

i will undoubtedly snap a few photos and lug back some Tibetan treasures (though i hear most of them are, like everything else in this world, made in china). so to tease you with the majesty of Tibet, here is a photo of Potola Palace.

of course my minimal photography skills will not provide nearly an artistic image as this. but my memory will be filled with both images of the grandeur of Tibetan culture as well as the poverty of Tibetan existence. hopefully both will fill me with wonder and appreciation.

so i'm off on another adventure. glad to get another stamp on my passport and another notch on my must-see-list of the world. so with my camera in hand and my backpack on...well...my back, i bid you adieu and hope to see you on the flip side.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember me say hey to the lamas ^__^

cvu said...

have fun. i will see u soon right??

andrew said...

whoa that's dope. have fun bro! sorry i haven't emailed u back yet... i'm still tryna figure ish out... i'll keep u posted tho; if nothing else, i think i might be living in idyllwild for a few months, so at least i'll see you when you get back adn maybe live in san diego? we'll see. safe travels man