Friday, August 21, 2009

Grounded


on what i can only hope is fate testing my resilience and ridding me of any bad luck that may come my way this weekend, i am stuck at jfk international airport. i've seen plenty of movies and remember numerous news stories about being stranded that i'm surprised it has taken so long fir this particular situation to happen to me, considering how many planes and airports i've been in. but now that I'm in it, it totally sucks. instead of the glamor found in tom hanks' "the arrival", i find angry customers also left behind due to circumstances beyond our control and less-than-helpful airport employees unwilling to sneak me a plate of food or even secrets of the attractive flight attendant on her layover.

as i endure the next few hours of my grounding, i can only take solace that as uncomfortable these benches are and how annoying this pesky fly can be, i CHOSE to do this as opposed to the millions who everyday sleep on whatever street corner they can find. at least tomorrow, i'll be on a plane headed toward vegas and the lap of luxury. so in perspective, i'm not all that bad.

0 comments: