Saturday, August 1, 2009

Disgust

it was only a few months ago that i was in shanghai, getting my annual wardrobe update with my tailored suits and shirts. the beauty of that was always the perfect fit that came with a nicely made suit that looked two or three times more expensive than it actually was.

fast forward to present day, it's 7 months later and i've already refitted ALL my suit pants as they no longer held that perfect fit. instead, they were tightening up around the middle section of my body, often eliminating the need for a belt to add that extra fit.

with this depressing truth in hand and months of work, eat, drink, and sleep...the extra pounds and the mounting lethargy has finally pushed me to action. i rejoined my gym...hoping the $90 a month will help inspire me to lose the fat around my belly or else that monthly fee will just help to lose the fat in my wallet.

but it's not even the money that concerns me...it's about the amount of time i can dedicate to actually going. i know it's only a few blocks from my house, but with the hours that i've been working, the only plausible solution was to wake up early to go to the gym. and for those who know me...doing THAT shows true dedication. AND...beyond the early wake up calls, i've been adding a bit of cardio to my workout too. now THAT is a shocking feat. but this is clearly the reason why i put my best effort into operation chub removal:

i started this past year at most...at 165 :(

it's been two weeks now...and i'm proud to say i've made the morning workouts 4 times out of the 10 workday mornings and then a few extra on the weekends. so it's a start...however meager it may be, it's a start.

0 comments: