Monday, January 28, 2008

The Washington Experience

a historical moment occurred in American politics today. a new generation in American leadership has been forged with the passing of the guard from historical inspiration to the future of hope in tomorrow's generation.

with my potential first full day at work standing in between me and this historical moment, i was pretty disappointed at the position of either missing this watershed moment or risking a bad impression with my potential benefactors. so there was no more joyous moment on this day when my bosses now only allowed me to skip part of the day, but encouraged it for me to gain the true washington experience...which allowed me to stand amid the thousands, waiting in the 30 degree cold of a DC morning, waiting to see this:


so with this endorsement, we look to that one day in february that only happens every four years...no, no, not leap year...but super tuesday, february 5th. and then hopefully onto november 4th and 8 years into the future of inspiration and hope.

then hopefully, as a veteran staffer (in my second day) in the hallowed halls of congress, i will be able to catapult myself to a position to possibly shake this great man's hands...wait.... :P

0 comments: