Thursday, January 10, 2008

Best of 2007

As we crossed another arbitrary threshold of time, people all around the world are signing up for gym memberships where they will unsuccessfully bind themselves to their resolutions, only to actually be bound to the ironclad contracts they will blindly sign…are installing GTD (getting-things-done) applications to their respective computers/phones/pdas in the hopes that this year, they won’t miss that deadline that would’ve promised them the big promotion or oversleep the final that would’ve been the final step toward graduation…are dreading the fact that adding that extra year will already even make their ‘socially relevant’ age cross over toward one’s ‘distinguished’ period.

Typically around this time, the internet is bombarded by ‘best of’ lists and series. Being part of the blogosphere and net-environment as a whole, I decided to create my own list…the best moments of MY 2007 (working backwards based on months):

December
Finishing semester one of year one of my MPP with my most impressive report card since Mrs. Faulk gave me all smiley faces back in kindergarten, all the while concluding my groundbreaking emeritus state-affairs position with NACHC.
November
Impressing my elders with my unexpected knife skills in the kitchen as I exhausted my entire culinary prowess to put mashed potatoes and candied yams on the Thanksgiving meal table.
October
Seemingly an uneventful month, I was able to recharge my batteries with an opening weekend spent with nam.
September
A celebration of my 23rd birthday, where my wonderful girlfriend gladly came to visit and we enjoyed our first New York experience together.
August
Concluding my first term with NACHC with a prolonged Restaurant Week extravaganza where I emptied my entire summer’s stipend of good food whilst awaiting the first day of my first semester of my first year of my MPP.
July
Another seemingly uneventful month, though this one with a more prolonged visit from nam, ending her month long stay in casa de hu.
June
Coupled with visits by an old friend and nam, was moving into my own house and the beginning of my first term with NACHC.
May
The beginning of the next step of my life began on some mid-May day when I flew away from my west coast roots and planted myself into the soil of the east coast.
April
My triumphant return to the states after a prolonged ‘finding-myself’ trip to shanghai was only trumped by the celebration of a milestone…nam’s first one-year anniversary…and luckily it was with me.
March
Coming towards the end of my stay in china, I became the second Hu of the Hu-clan to step foot on the hallowed lands of Tibet.
February
A wash of relief as I was surprisingly awoken one morning by my dad with the news that some school in DC had accidentally sent the acceptance letter for Andre Hue to me instead. That chump…bet he ended up somewhere lame like SDSU.
January
My exodus from xanga to blogger and the birth of…huspot.

And with a brief, terrible quality video...you can all revel in my cuteness:

0 comments: