Saturday, September 1, 2007

B.O.

to most, B.O., or body odor, is that nasty coating smell that you exude after an intense cardio workout or the nervous anxiety you feel after trying to hide the fact you ripped the nastiest fart in a crowded room and you hope no one knows it was you...but typically, B.O. is simply removed by applying a solid coat of deodorant...and generally, that's the solution that most of us think about when talking about B.O.

but no...there's more to it than just that. now that i live in a city basically built on a swamp, i have to deal with those pesky mosquitoes. besides the fear of contracting west nile everytime i get bitten, i have to deal with incessant itchiness and the constant desire to scratch that will lead to all levels of insanity. it's been a curse of mine that mosquitoes seem to be attacked to me.

i know it's a bad picture, but yes...that is a swarm of bites on my right bicep. if you can count them, it would be five bites...but that's not all!!! i also have a few on the other side of my arm as well as one on my left forearm. damn them and my sweet, sweet blood.

now there seems to be research as to why that is. and yep, as i foreshadowed before, it is my B.O. my specific mix of sweat and gases seem to be a very attractive and delicious scent to my mosquito nemeses.

so for all my fellow well-scented members of the "mosquitoes love me" congregation, let's all pray that they will come up with that ultimate of ultimate deet filled repellents, and we can be spared from this annoyance.

0 comments: