Monday, May 31, 2010

The Big Apple

after returning from a quick trip to the big city to the north, i again realized that i have a love/hate relationship with the city. well, i won't go so far as to say 'hate', but "can't see myself living there unless i had a lot of money" doesn't fit.

i was lucky this trip, visiting a friend who used to live in the city to take me off the beaten path, i was able to see a bit more of new york that isn't simply on postcards and movie cliches (though we did see the spot tom hanks and meg ryan had their romantic final embrace in you've got mail in riverside park). but beyond that, what always draws me to the city is the unending plethora of fooding/drinking/social experiences that can be had. it is a foodie's dream...with its 5-star establishments to its hole-in-the-wall joints, there are no bounds to the eating that can be done. and if i was rich, had the time, and didn't care about my appearance, i'd just take a year and eat my way around the entire city. but since i can't do that, it just gives me more of an excuse to come back and venture to other parts of town to dine on new cuisines and drink to my liver's content.

0 comments: