Friday, January 2, 2009

Quick Trip to the Motherland

in my first two-a-day posting in quite some time, i felt it necessary to enlighten you all about my brief vacation back to shanghai. it was a quick trip with three ultimate goals...eating, drinking, and shopping...all of which were accomplished with a gusto.

keeping to promises made in a previous post, i will divulge some of the happenings and revelations my most recent visitation.

the eating is always a delight when visiting shanghai. for those unfamiliar to the demanding taste buds of my mouth, i can say with great delight that i was able to gorge myself on a plethora of delicacies...from hot pot to spanish tapas. it was wonderful to enjoy chinese food as it was meant to be...and not the knockoff fusion or americanized-asian foods found here in dc. it may be quite some time before i am able to fill my stomach with the goodness that i most crave, but that is just the way the stomach grumbles.

to compound of consumption of solid food is the unavoidable curse of partying and drinking in shanghai. it was without a doubt that i found head buried in a toilet...not once, but twice, while having sunday lunch with my family. thats right, i was able to survive my worst hangover ever in full view of my parents who laughingly offered me more beer to ease my troubles. but what can i say, i was simply a casualty to 5 bottles of grey goose. (some photos of that night can be seen here)

and to satisfy my professional need of wearing suits everyday, i went to shanghai intent on coming home with some tailored clothes...and what i ended up with was an entire new wardrobe. having come off a shopping/tailoring spree to have made any girl jealous, i now have 5 new coats, 5 new suits, 7 dress shirts, 4 extra pairs of pants, and 3 scarves in my collection.

so that's that...shanghai in a nutshell. due to my new work schedule, my trip was limited to a quick 7 days...forcing me to indulge all my desires into a week, leaving me exhausted and in need of another vacation.

0 comments: