Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Overdue Update

at the request of my singular reader, i have returned to the blogosphere to update my neglected home in cyberspace. i do apologize for my lack of attention, i have been preoccupied by...what's that word that is used to describe the world outside the netizen existence...real life.

i think i've come to a realization these past few weeks, i don't think i'm one of those people who can be married to their jobs or to anything people are normally attached to. i don't find school all too stimulating...i enjoy the work i do and the potential it holds, but i don't live and die by it...i don't hang on every word or announcement of obama anymore...and i find the things i look forward to are all trivial, drinking on the weekends and watching the rise and falls of my fantasy football team (yeah, 4 game win streak to get into the playoffs).

i'll attribute this mentality to my unofficial, but well-documented case of a.d.d. but i wonder if this little issue will hinder my ability to continue to "fake it until i make it"...cuz sooner, i'm actually going to have to be good at my job and i'm afraid i'll have looked back on my years and realized i don't know shit. even as i write this, my concerns are again washed away and lost in my distractions as i fiddle around with my blackberry and little strings that hang off my sweater.

i was recently told that i was such an optimist...i wonder if that's because i actually believe that there is always some sort of light at the end of the proverbial tunnel; or that i'm just too lazy to find complications and would much rather just go with the flow. but i guess either way, my somewhat de-cluttered mind has kept me afloat through all the good and the bad times throughout this year...and as this year whiddles down to a few days, i'm sure this mentality will keep me sane through the next 365.

0 comments: